Audi is a reputable German automobile company with a long history. These cars have been on the market for about a century. The cars are well known for the high quality and performance. The company has issued about millions of cars during this period and will continue to please customers with new innovative models in the future. Let’s talk about one of the most popular Audi cars today – Audi R8 and its models. Audi require special care and treatment be sure to Click here for Audi Oil Change Prices!
Despite the multiple changes in appearance, the second generation of Audi R8 is much more different from its predecessor in a technical way. This coupe is built on the MSS platform with aluminium suspension brackets on double lever arms. The car dropped 50 kg of weight, mainly due to the modernization of the power frame – Audi Space Frame, which combines aluminium and carbon-plastic parts. In addition, Audi R8 Coupe is equipped with a new electromechanical power wheel, which is able to change the transmission ratio depending on the speed and settings of the Audi drive select.
Audi R8 Coupe
- Audi R8 Coupe is a 4-wheel drive coupe of “G2” class. Its price is about $192 000.
- In addition to the fact that the Audi R8 Coupe has become lighter, the rigidity of its carcass has increased by 40% with only minor changes in dimensions. The length was reduced to 4.42 meters, the width increased to 1.94 meters, and the height dropped to 1.24 meters. At the same time, the distance between the axes did not change at all – is stayed 2.65 meters.
- Audi R8 Coupe starts with 5.2-liter atmospheric V10 engine with a combined power supply system, a system that shuts down one-cylinder block at low loads and the “start-stop” system. Its capacity is 540 horsepowers. Due to it, the car reaches 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds and its maximum speed is 323 km/h.
- The manual transmission is no longer available for this model. Under normal conditions, almost 100% of the thrust is taken by the back wheels.
- An average gas usage is 13.3 liters per mile.
- 4G and Wi-Fi are available on board.
Audi R8 Spyder
- Audi R8 Spyder costs about $165 000. A soft top and a fully automatic drive are standard in this model. In 19 seconds the convertible roof can be folded, even when driving at the speed of up to 50 km/h.
- The Audi R8 Spyder is equipped with a 10-cylinder V-shaped engine of 5.2 liters’ volume, Its capacity is 525 horsepowers. This vehicle reaches 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds and 200 km/h in 12.7 seconds, and its maximum speed is 313 km/h (true for a version with a 6-speed manual transmission).
- Supercar Audi R8 Spyder is prominent and sticks out of the line by its modern technologies such as the spatial aluminum frame Audi Space Frame, permanent all-wheel drive quattro, all-LED headlights and an innovative option – a microphone on the seat belt. The total weight of a supercar is only 1720 kg.
- An average gas usage is 13.9 liters per mile.
- Audi R8 GT costs about $198,000 as well as being a limited edition, with only 333 made.
- The overall length of the model is 4.43 meters, width – 1.93 meters, height – 1.23 meters. The appearance of the car has undergone numerous modifications. Audi R8 GT produces more downforce when driving at high speed. It is a 4-wheel drive with robotic 6-level transmission.
- This model is equipped with a FSI R-Tronic Quattro engine of 5.2 liters’ volume. Its capacity is 560 horsepowers. This vehicle reaches 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds and its maximum speed is 301 km/h. The total weight of a supercar is only 1525 kg. It is the lightest Audi R8 model so far.
- An average gas usage is 13.7 liters per mile.
No Matter which Audi R8 you choose, it will quickly become your baby. In addition, all the attention you will receive which will not be horrible!